Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stomach acid

Did U know...

Excess stomach acid production can lead to upset stomach, acid indigestion, abdominal pain, bloating or intestinal problems. Many people experience acid reflux or heartburn problems when the stomach produces too much acid. It can become a serious problem when gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, develops, causing frequent bouts of heartburn or acid indigestion. Changing YOUR di
et or lifestyle can help reduce or eliminate excess stomach acid.

Things that help contribute to excess stomach acids are.


Large meals


Milk


Caffeine


Stress


Weight


Alcohol


Food


Common foods that cause excess acid production include fatty or fried foods, tomato-based products, citrus fruits, garlic and onions.


WE need to be aware of what WE are eating and when WE are eating. I guess what I mean is do NOT eat and then lay down!

Remember to wear loose clothing this will NOT put pressure on the abdomen.

Remember the picture I put up about Acidic/Alkaline?

WE need to eat more alkaline!
Push the vegetables especially the green ones!

I was diagnosed with GERD and IBS when I was 20.

I took the pills only about 2 months before I realized I was NOT taking a pill everyday for something I could change with diet.
So I changed MY diet and got rid of the pills!
I am 44 now and I still do NOT take stomach pills!

Please be aware foods are causing health issues!
Change is hard I know... but small change is better than NO change! And IF pain and discomfort is less or gone isn't it worth it!

U are worth it!

♥ Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment